Monday, May 4, 2009

So, the Liberals have crowned their new leader. Yippee.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the Liberals, since we don't really need them any more, what with the governing Conservatives general refusal to behave like "conservatives." In fact, so disgusted was I with, primarily, massive deficit financing and, secondarily, the absolute refusal to repeal the thought crimes clause of the Human Rights legislation that I figured to sit out the next election. As the saying goes, why vote for a Liberal light, false conservative, when you can have the real thing? Since I am constitutionally incapable of voting Liberal, what with my silly beliefs about liberty and such, I was just going to take a pass. Then...

Then I saw excerpts from Dion's and Ignatieff's speeches. I can't really comment on what Dion was saying, because, well, I have no frigging clue what he was saying. Is he coherent in French? 'Cause he sure ain't coherent in English. But that's not important right now. Or ever. I mean, seriously, it's Stephane Dion I'm talking about.

As to Ignatieff. Now they begin rebuilding what he calls the single most important institution in Canadian life. Excuse me, wtf? Seriously, WTF'ing F? The Liberal Party is the single most important institution in Canadian life? Jayzuz, arrogant much, Mr. Ignatieff?

Mr. Harper. You may thank Count Ignatieff for one vote you would not have otherwise gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment