Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SiteMeter

Okay, as noted in an update below, following Stacy McCain's advice, I installed SiteMeter. Today I got my SiteMeter statistics report and, although it's nothing spectacular, it turns out that there are actually people out there reading this thing.

Oh, dear.

You know, it was a whole lot easier writing when I lived in a lovely cloud of blissful ignorance, a happy little fantasy world in which no one was paying any attention to me. Now I know differently.

Will this affect my writing? I hope not. I try to write as if I have an audience, even when I don't believe I have one.

Will this affect my output? I expect so. My first few weeks had some very sparse periods. I wrote, not when inspiration hit, but when time and inspiration colluded to get me to typing. Now I think I'll have to be working a little harder at it.

Oh, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment