Friday, October 23, 2009

2 Seconds Left and the Farking Senators Tie the Game

Okay, so Thursday is old guy hockey night, and the fulminatin' one was off to the rink. We won, and a few of us went to Boston Pizza to celebrate. They had the Ottawa - Nashville game on the tube. Okay, I can watch this. Maybe Ottawa will lose, and god will smile.

I look up, and Ottawa scored to make it 3 - 1. Okay, two goal lead, Dirty Dan and the losers from the capital are down.

I look up again, and they're changing stations. Bastards, there's very little I enjoy more than seeing a player I loathe on the losing end of a game.

I look up again, and the game's back, and it's 4 - 3 Nashville. Durn, but the clock is running down, Ottawa still looks good for a loss.

Oh, shit, they've tied it. That sucks. But wait, Nashville scores with under a minute to go. Just play the last minute safe.

No, you stupid fucking goalie, don't pass the puck to fucking Alfredson. I can't stand the dirty, smarmy, selfish little prick, but he is a good hockey player, and can pass the puck if the notion enters his pointy little head. Aaaarrrggghhh, 2 seconds left and Ottawa ties it.

Okay, okay, so Nashville scored in overtime to win, Ottawa still got a point out of it. You know, when Ottawa loses, god smiles. When they win, he kills a little kitten. I don't know about overtime losses, but I'm thinking at the least, that baby kitteh was given an unnecessary bath.

I know this post isn't about the Leafs, but I'm going to lable it Maple Leafs suck because, well, they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment