Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pres-Uh-Dent Uh-Bama

This post got got in HTML editing hell. It's been sitting in drafts for 3 weeks, so it's hardly timely, but fuck it. I wrote it, and I'm going to publish it.

Pres-uh-dent Obama, that silver tongued orator, was without his teleprompter again. This time he and British PM Gordon Brown were asked a question by BBC political editor Nick Robinson. Two plus minutes of 'umm'-ing and 'ah'-in ensued.

Guardian writer John Grace decodes the answer here.

As I recall, the press took Mr. Bush's lousy public speaking skills as prima facie evidence of mental retardation. I’m sure they’ll begin calling Mr. Ob-umm-a on his even poorer ex tempore speaking skills any second now.

But I won't be holding my breath. You know, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment