Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We're Number 29, We're Number 29...

Yes, dear reader, the Maple Pucks managed to squeeze out a win against the Islanders. Woo hoo, they've managed to scrape and claw their way to within one point of 28th place. Yes, after their vaunted points in, what, 8 of the last 10 games they've moved up from a tenuous hold on 29th to having an absolute LOCK on 29th place. Yay.

One point to a three way tie for 26th, 2 points to a 5 way tie for 21st and, god help me, only 5 points out of a playoff spot. Seriously? 3 more wins and they could (theoretically, if not practically) be sitting in a playoff position. Be still my heart.

But, on the off chance a Leaf fan is reading this, let's keep it real. I wrote that they'd have a decent shot at the playoffs this year, although would not be a shoo in, and an early exit. Hey, all I want is for Boston's first round "Kessel" pick not be in the top 5. It's not that I have anything in particular against Boston, it's not even that I have anything in particular against Boston fans. Hell, it's not that I have anything in particular against the die hard Maple Puck heads (dumb though they are). It's just that I can't stand the die hard Leaf haters. I. Just. Can't. Fucking. Stand. Them.

Look, assholes, we all know the Leafs suck. We all know the organization will turn a profit no matter what. And we all know the reasons for it (which I will not go into here). We also know you hate the Leafs, and no, excepting the real morons, we are not planning the parade route. So shut the fuck up already. They're playing reasonably well, they're entertaining to watch, and they generally aren't stinking up the joint. So, seriously, shut the fuck up and let us enjoy the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment