Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Plan the Maple Leafs Stanley Cup Parade Route

It's the dog days of summer, and there really isn't all that much to write about.

I posted some snark about hippies (scroll down). I posted some cheesecake in Stacy's Bikinifest (scroll further). There hasn't been an idiotic comment on the wonders of Canadian health care in a couple of days, and the Tamils have gone quiet. I guess it's back to hockey.

Found via the Toronto Sun (my daily stop for what's happening in Leaf Land, and SunShine girls).

The Leafs have traded for Wayne Primeau. Yay, the final piece in the puzzle, a 3rd line centre who will contribute upwards of 10 goals and 30 points. Plan the parade route.

Okay, okay, snark aside, they've unloaded one of their excess defensemen, Anton Stralman, for Primeau and a 2nd round pick. Primeau is a decent checker, and a big guy. So, regarding my last hockey post, in which I posited that, to make the playoffs, the Leafs need to cut the goals against by at least 50, picking up a big, competant, checking centre is a good move. They're weak down the middle, and weak on the shut down. This move should help.

Eighth place, eighth place, eighth place.

Maybe.

God I hate the Leafs.

No comments:

Post a Comment