Saturday, March 14, 2009

Here We Go

As I suppose it is with others, I have long contemplated beginning my own blog. There was a time when I actually began one, but internet connectivity speeds in rural China (where I was living at the time) sucked balls. Big, wet donkey balls. So, as it was to be an ongoing photo essay of my time there, it died on the vine.

That was several years ago, and after I returned to the west, I became once again a passive consumer of the blogosphere; commenting occasionally, but mostly lurking. However, in the last few months a couple of bloggers, whose output I greatly admired, retired or dramatically scaled back on their work. A couple of others changed focus from the political to the personal.

I suppose, then, that the immediate cause is that I wish to pick up the torch. I don't purport to be able to fill the void these men left, but perhaps I can toss a pebble or two into it. Which brings me to the ultimate cause. I like to write. I don't know that I'm particularly good at it, but I do enjoy it, and will endeavour to use this blog to hone those skills I have.

What will this blog be? I don't know. At the beginning it will be whatever strikes my fancy. Perhaps that is all it will ever be. Let's get it going and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment